Early Hanson (1820-1850) and Pembroke (Prior to 1850) Vital Records (ONLINE)
- Vital Records of Hanson, MA to the Year 1850 (Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1912). This book has been transcribed on this website, and is available at Archive.org.
- Vital Records of Pembroke, MA to the Year 1850 (Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1911). This book is available at Archive.org.
18th-19th Century African American and Native American Pembroke and Hanson Vital Records (ONLINE)
Hanson Name Changes (ONLINE)
Hanson Vital Records from 1779-1963 (ONLINE)
- Vital Records maintained by the Hanson Town Clerk from 1779-1846 are located online at FamilySearch (free). These currently are not indexed, and need to be searched page by page. These are digital images from a microfilm of the originals created by the Family History Library, Hanson Town records, 1820-1846, births, 1779-1846, marriages and intentions, 1820-1836, deaths, 1820-1838, FHL film 423505.
- Massachusetts Birth, Marriage, and Death Records from 1841-1915, including records for the town of Hanson, can be searched online at FamilySearch (free). These records have been indexed and are easily searchable, and are duplicates of the records held by the Massachusetts State Archives.
- Jay Holbrook’s collection of Massachusetts Vital Records, including Hanson Births from 1852-1951, Marriages from 1852-1963, and Deaths from 1852-1941, and indexes to Births, Marriages and Deaths from 1820-1970 is available online at Ancestry.com (subscription required). These are films of the Hanson Town Clerk’s records and have been indexed and are easily searchable.
Hanson Vital Records to present (these are original copies written by Hanson Town Clerks)
Hanson Town Clerk
Hanson Town Hall
542 Liberty St., Hanson, MA 02341
Massachusetts Vital Records 1841 to 1920 (includes duplicate copies the Hanson Town Clerk sends to MA Registry of Vital Records)
220 Morrissey Blvd. Boston, MA 02125
Massachusetts Vital Records 1921 to present (includes duplicate copies the Hanson Town Clerk sends to MA Registry of Vital Records)
Massachusetts Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
150 Mount Vernon St., 1st Floor Dorchester, MA 02125-3105