In Massachusetts, probate records are recorded and maintained at the county level. Probate records for residents of Hanson from 1820 to the present (or Pembroke prior to 1820) can be obtained in several ways.
In person or by mail [for probate indexes and original probate dockets]:
Plymouth County Probate and Family Court
11 South Russell St.
Plymouth, MA 02360
Hours: Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Docket Index, 1685-1881, and Docket books, v. 1 (1881) – 76 (1967)
- File Papers, Ebenezer BENSON to Martin PRATT (case nos. 1881-16163). This collection is missing the first 1880 cases which were never filmed. This collection is also missing case nos. 16163-23593, but these files are included in Massachusetts, Plymouth County, Probate Estate Files, 1686-1915 listed below.
- Docket books, v. 1-212.
- Plymouth Colony, Wills, v. 1-4 (1633-1686). This collection is missing volumes 5-6.
Massachusetts, Plymouth County, Probate Estate Files, 1686-1915, consisting of:
- File papers, 1686-1881, Case nos. 9877-23593 (Timothy HEALY to Zeruiah YOUNG)
- Second series, 1892-1915, Case nos. 7081-7590
- Second series, 1892-1915, Case no. 9583
- Second series, 1892-1915, case nos. 9775-23939
By book [for probate indexes]:
For Hanson or Pembroke residents who died prior to 1881, borrow from your local library (or through their Interlibrary Loan) or at the New England Historic Genealogical Society –
- Ralph G. Wood, Plymouth County, Massachusetts Probate Index, 1686-1881 (Camden, ME: Picton Press, 1988)