In Massachusetts, land records are recorded at the county level. Therefore, all deeds pertaining to Hanson (and Pembroke prior to 1820) were recorded and are today held by the Plymouth County Registry of Deeds.
- Plymouth County Registry of Deeds
50 Obery Street
Plymouth MA 02360
The Plymouth County Registry of Deeds has the following records available online which can be viewed from their Search Page:
- Land Record books, 1685 to present [all available online]
- Grantor/Grantee Index, 1685 to present [available online from 1955]
- Plan books and index, 1899 to present [index available online from 1975]
- Highway, county taking, and other road related [no index available online]
- Land Court records, 1899 to present [all available online]
- Land Court registered land Index [index from 1926 available online]
Microfilms of Plymouth County Deeds
Microfilm of the original Plymouth County deeds and indexes were created by the Family History Library and have recently been digitized and are available to browse (free):
- Plymouth County, Massachusetts Deeds, 1664-1900 (indexes to 1914), v. 1-792, FHL film 567747 (first of 462).