History of Hanson, MA
Hanson was formerly a part of Pembroke, MA (which was incorporated in 1711). Hanson was incorporated in 1820.
Transcriptions of Historical Sketches of the History of Hanson
- John Warner Barber’s 1848 History of Hanson.
- Ebenezer Weaver Peirce’s 1873 1873 History of Hanson.
- Elias Nason’s 1876 History of Hanson.
- Ebenezer Bourne Keene Gurney’s 1884 History of Hanson.
- Elias Nason and George J. Varney’s 1890 History of Hanson.
- Hanson Houses and Other Sites (19–?).
Hanson Locations in Historic State and National Reports
- 1981 Hanson town survey performed for the Massachusetts Historical Commission: MHC Reconnaissance Survey Town Report. HANSON. Report Date: 1981. Digital copy available at the Massachusetts Secretary of State website.
- The Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS) allows you to search the Massachusetts Historical Commission database for information on historic properties and areas in the town of Hanson.
- Hanson locations placed on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Camp Kiwanee Historic District. The camp was founded in 1899 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Location: 1 Camp Kiwanee Rd. Details available at the National Park Service website.
- District 7 School House. The Greek Revival school was built in 1845 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Location: 565 Main St. Details available at the National Park Service website.