Hanson Cemeteries and Gravestone Inscriptions
The town of Hanson has one municipal/private cemetery, Fern Hill Cemetery, which was founded as the churchyard of the Second Church of Christ in the West Parish of Pembroke [now the First Congregational Church of Hanson] around the date of the church’s establishment circa 1748. In the 18th and 19th centuries, several Hanson families buried their dead in small plots on their own farmland.
- Fern Hill Cemetery (1748). Location: Main entrance driveway located at approximately 784 High St., approximately 42.062931,-70.871811.
- Hobart Cemetery (1793). Location: Set back in the woods on a hill just north of the intersection of Route 27 with Franklin St. Approximately 42.043427,-70.900999.
- Howland Cemetery (1846). Location: Off Camp Kiwanee Road, on private land.
- Macomber Tomb / Perry Tomb / Winter Street Tomb (Defunct) (19th century?). Location: Winter St.
- Munroe Cemetery (1759). Location: In woods beside an unpaved driveway off of Main St. Approximately 42.040226,-70.872669.
- Pomp House Gravesite (1827). Location: Near 274 King St. Exact location undetermined.
- Smallpox Hospital Cemetery (Defunct) (1778). Location: Franklin St.
- Stetson Cemetery (1777). Location: On Cranland Airport Access Road by Chandler Mill Pond, approximately 42.022294,-70.836601.
- Thomas Cemetery (1832) Location: Main St (Route 27), near Pembroke line, prior to the intersection with Plymouth St. Approximately 42.04257,-70.84692.
- Miscellaneous Burial Sites Location: High St., West Washington St., King St., Main St.